Sunday, December 2, 2007

# 22 Audiobooks


"I've often seen a cat without a grin; but a grin without a cat...!"

Being time poor, I have long been a fan of 'Talking Books.' I really enjoy listening to a story being read while driving or even doing the ironing. (The level of enjoyment depending to a degree on the voice of the reader.)
Having now checked out the World EBook fair site (lots of classics) and Fictionwise (HEAPS of titles and genres)I think audio ebooks would be a boon for someone who has a computer but is housebound or, anyone with an MP3 player - a digitial library, what a space saver! (and definitely a way of capturing those wayward titles you seek but never see for sale.)
From a public library point of view however, what I am really looking forward to are Takeaways which will free the patron from having to have any necessary hardware.

No comments: