Saturday, December 1, 2007

# 20 YouTube

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense."

I had heard a lot about YouTube but it is only since starting Learning 2.0 I have actually visited the site. Quite often you don't know until you watch something whether it's simply a waste of time and I did find a bit of that but I found some interesting clips and some that were purely entertaining.

One clip I enjoyed was 42nd Street Broadway Style - what a great way to demonstrate dance steps! And it's this instructional style clip that I think has potential in a library setting. Recently, colleagues were planning a workshop for teens on gift wrapping and they were sourcing demonstration clips on things like making small boxes from old greeting cards (and very nifty they were too!)


No comments: